Put Your Strengths to Work
Baxter Harder, Attorneys at Law is a full functioning multi-practice area law firm located in Bend, Oregon. Our team consists of experienced, hardworking individuals dedicated to providing excellent client service. We have a desire to help locals in all applicable matters.
At Baxter Harder, LLC, we seek optimal results for our clients. To do that, we push ourselves to continually advance our knowledge and skills and remain at the cutting edge of technology. As a boutique law firm, we work closely with every person who comes to us for help.
We are looking for highly motivated, compassionate, and dedicated individuals ready to deliver top-notch customer service. We maintain a collaborative and fun-filled work environment. Additionally, we offer full benefits, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Our attorneys also have the potential to receive generous monthly and annual bonuses.
Our high-caliber team members are:
- Dynamic team players: The legal field is constantly changing, and each and every case is different. Our lawyers are able to adapt to changes and work together to share insight and knowledge.
- Organized: We treat each of our clients as if they’re our only clients, which means we know the ins and outs of their cases well. To stay on top of our demands, we maintain an orderly environment with systems in place to ensure efficiency.
- Professional: Our attorneys project professionalism. Every interaction is a reflection of our firm, and we ensure that we remain respectful and honest in all communications.
- Compassionate: We take the time to learn about our clients' situations. By gaining an understanding of their needs and goals, we can apply innovative and focused strategies to protect their best interests.
- Dependable: We want to be a firm clients know they can trust. Our team members stick to our word and respond promptly and professionally to queries from clients and colleagues alike.
If you’re interested in joining a firm that ensures clients receive high-quality legal representation, browse our open positions below:
Bookkeeper/Assistant Operations Manager
We are looking for a dependable individual to work 30-40 hours/week who
has some administrative/bookkeeping experience in an office.
This position provides administrative support to Operations Manager. Responsibilities may include A/P, Payroll, Bookkeeping, Collections of Accounts Receivable and other office administrative tasks. Experience with QuickBooks Online, MS Office (Excel and Word) and Mac is preferred. Most importantly, the ideal candidate for this position is also a dynamic team player, organized, professional and able to adapt quickly in our fast-paced and fun environment.
Our firm offers great benefits for our eligible employees who work 30 hours or more, including health, dental, vision and life Insurance, paid time off and a 401K with matching up to 5%.
Pay is commensurate with experience.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We are looking for a dependable individual to work 30-40 hours/week who has some administrative/bookkeeping experience in an office.
Estate Planning/Probate Legal Assistant
We are looking a Legal Assistant with some legal experience in Estate Planning and Probate, but willing to train the right person. The ideal candidate for this position is organized, professional, responsible, able to adapt quickly in our fast-paced environment, and be ready to help us meet all of our clients' needs.
- Take direction from Attorneys and other staff.
- Field phone calls from clients, opposing attorneys and staff, court staff and others as necessary.
- Draft legal documents utilizing Microsoft Word, Clio and Adobe Acrobat DC Pro.
- Meet multiple deadlines on a daily basis.
- Establish and maintain case files.
- Schedule client meetings.
- Draft legal correspondence.
- Calendar court dates and deadlines.
- Answer telephones when necessary.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- 1-2 years of legal background in Estate Planning and Probate preferred
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong communication and organizational skills necessary.
- Ability to multi-task and shift gears quickly and frequently.
- Team-oriented individual with excellent customer service skills
Compensation depends on how much experience you have in these areas of law and salary is generally above industry standards for Bend.
Position is full-time, Monday through Friday from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm.
We offer excellent benefits, including health, dental, vision and life insurance and a 401K with up to 4% match by employer.
Qualified applicants should send their resume along with references and a cover letter to email@example.com
Over 60+ Years of Combined Experience
Work With an Experienced Former Deputy District Attorney at the Firm
Extensive Trial Experience
We Can Handle Complex Cases in Criminal, Civil, & Family Law
Highly Personalized Representation
Free or Low-Cost Consultations
Google's Highest Rated Law Firm East of The Cascades
When you choose our team of experienced lawyers, we will take the time to listen to your needs and remain focused on that as we proceed with your case. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to provide the quality defense you need.