Bend DUII Attorney
Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicant Charges in Oregon
In the state of Oregon, impaired driving will be charged as DUII (driving under the influence of intoxicants). Oregon DUIIs prohibit driving with a BAC of 0.08% or more or driving under the influence of any alcohol, cannabis, a controlled substance, or an inhalant. This is one of the most common charges that you can face, but when you do find yourself accused of driving under the influence, it's important that you act fast to secure focused and supportive legal representation from Baxter Harder, LLC.
Contact our Bend DUII lawyers today for a free consultation!
What's the Difference Between DWI, DUI, & DUII?
Nothing at all. Other states or jurisdictions use different terms which mean the same thing. In Oregon, for instance, an arrest of this nature is technically called “Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants.” You will also notice that DUI and DUII are used interchangeably. In other states, such as Texas, they use the term Driving While Intoxicated or DWI, which ultimately means the same thing as a DUI or DUII.
Oregon DUII Penalties
The state of Oregon imposes a mandatory minimum sentence for DUII convictions. However, as the amount of offenses increase, the penalties also increase.
First DUII Conviction
- Possible DUII Diversion Program Eligibility
- Minimum of either 80 hours CWS or 48 hours of jail
- Maximum of 364 days in jail
Second DUII Conviction
- Up to 1 year in jail
- IID installation
- Between $2,000-$10,000 in fines
- License suspension of 3 years
Third DUII Conviction
- As much as 5 years in prison
- Between $2,000-$10,000 in fines
- Potentially permanent loss of your license
Chemical test Refusal
Refusing to take a chemical test may result in the following penalties:
- $1,000 fines
- A license suspension of 3 years for a third offense
Find out more about the DUII penalties you may face.
These are serious charges that you can face and the punishment doesn’t always fit the crime. Under Ballot Measure 73, there are also mandatory minimum sentences in some cases of repeat DUIIs. There are available options to protect you. One of these is the DUII Diversion Program and through this option it may be possible to have your DUII dismissed at the end of the year.
While a DUII is a charge that many people find themselves dealing with, the penalties you may suffer can still be severe. If someone was killed while you were allegedly under the influence, you can also face increasingly high penalties for manslaughter charges.
Act Fast to Protect Your Rights
As legal professionals our goal is to protect your rights and avoid letting a DUII charge turn into a conviction. We seek the best possible outcome in every case we handle and we have the legal knowledge to assist you in minor charges up to felony charges.
Why Choose Baxter Harder, LLC?
- Experienced counsel from a Former Prosecutor who can use this unique insight to create an aggressive defense strategy.
- Attorney Casey Baxter has been recognized as a top attorney in his field, including the Top 40 Under 40 award by National Trial Lawyers.
- Every strategy is created with your rights, interests, and future in mind. We fight to protect you, it's that simple.
- You can get started today with a completely free and confidential DUII case consultation.
Every case must start with a strong defense strategy. Get yours now. Call our office at (541) 238-9210 to discuss your case with our Bend DUII lawyers.
Over 60+ Years of Combined Experience
Two Experienced Former Deputy District Attorneys at the Firm
Extensive Trial Experience
We Can Handle Complex Cases in Criminal, Civil, & Family Law
Highly Personalized Representation
Free or Low-Cost Consultations
Google's Highest Rated Law Firm East of The Cascades
When you choose our team of experienced lawyers, we will take the time to listen to your needs and remain focused on that as we proceed with your case. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to provide the quality defense you need.