Oregon DUII Diversion
DUII Diversion Program Eligibility
If you have been charged with a DUII in Oregon, especially if it is your first time, there is a possibility that you may be able to enter the DUII Diversion Program. The successful completion of the program will result in the dismissal of your DUII charge, avoiding mandatory penalties such as jail time, fines, and license suspension
To be eligible for the Oregon DUII Diversion Program, you must have the following:
- No prior DUII offenses or convictions within the past 15 years
- No conviction of a felony DUII
- Not participating in a DUII Diversion Program in Oregon or in another state
- Did not participate in a DUII Diversion Program or similar program within the past 15 years
- No charge or conviction of aggravated vehicular homicide, murder, manslaughter, negligent homicide, or assault related to driving a vehicle within the past 15 years
- Did not possess a CDL on the date of the current alleged DUII offense
- Did not operate a commercial vehicle at the time of the present alleged DUII offense
- No allegation of fatality or physical injury to any person in connection with the DUII offense
DUII Diversion Program Requirements
If you are eligible for the DUII Diversion Program, there are certain steps that need to be taken. This includes the DUII Victim Impact Panel, an alcohol and/or drug evaluation, completion of any recommended alcohol and/or drug treatment, pay all fines and court fees, and finish any other court-ordered requirements, such as alcohol monitoring.
The DUII Victim Impact Panel is conducted once a month, typically on the last Wednesday of the month, starting at 6 PM. You must obtain an alcohol and/or drug evaluation or assessment within 30 days of entry into the DUII Diversion Program
The following are the fees are required for the completion of the program:
- $490 in court fees (payment plans are available)
- $150 for alcohol and/or drug evaluation and assessment
- $50 or less for the victims impact treatment session
- Fees for each of the alcohol and/or drug treatment classes which will vary
- Fees for the urine tests
- Fees for ignition interlock device
Assistance with the Process
At Baxter Harder, we are committed to assisting you with the required paperwork and ensure everything is in order for your alcohol and/or drug evaluation. Let our legal team help you get back on the right track and headed towards successful completion of the DUII Diversion Program.
Contact us and request a free consultation today to discuss your options regarding the DUII diversion program.
Over 60+ Years of Combined Experience
Former Elected and Deputy District Attorneys at the Firm
Extensive Trial Experience
We Can Handle Complex Cases in Criminal, Civil, & Family Law
Highly Personalized Representation
Free or Low-Cost Consultations
When you choose our team of experienced lawyers, we will take the time to listen to your needs and remain focused on that as we proceed with your case. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to provide the quality defense you need.