Bend Theft Crime Attorney
Oregon Theft Laws
The penalties for a theft crime in Oregon are severe. You can be looking at extensive jail time, high fines, and other repercussions that will greatly impact your life. Our Bend theft crime lawyer knows that the punishment doesn’t always fit the crime and many people are either falsely accused or the penalties they are dealt are far more than what is deserved. Additionally, depending on your criminal history you may be looking at prison time under Oregon's Repeat Property Offender Statue (ORS 137.717).
Why Choose Our Theft Lawyers in Bend, OR?
- We’re here to defend you throughout the process and make sure that your rights are protected.
- That’s why it’s best that you call our office immediately after you have been charged or if you believe you may be facing charges.
- Getting a skilled Bend theft crime attorney on your case sooner than later is one of the best steps that you can take for ensuring your best future.
Types of Theft Charges in Oregon
Theft crimes may be petty theft, aggravated theft, robbery and more, and these can constitute a misdemeanor or felony offense. In either situation our Bend theft attorney will see the best possible resolution
Classification for theft crimes in Oregon include the following:
- Theft in the Third Degree: Class C Misdemeanor, less than $100 stolen.
- Theft in the Second Degree: Class A Misdemeanor, more than $100 but less than $1,000 stolen.
- Theft in the First Degree: Class C Felony, more than $1,000 stolen.
- Aggravated Theft in the First Degree: Class B Felony, more than $10,000 stolen.
Attorney Casey Baxter is a native of Oregon who has a strong desire to protect the rights of local citizens. It was in the United States Marine Corp that he continued to grow his hard work ethic and dedication and this is a discipline that he brings into every case for the rights of his clients. He has been recognized through various accolades, including 10 Best 2015 & 2016, Avvo Client’s Choice in 2016 and 2017 for Criminal Defense, the Top 40 Under 40, 2016, and more.
Over 60+ Years of Combined Experience
Work With an Experienced Former Deputy District Attorney at the Firm
Extensive Trial Experience
We Can Handle Complex Cases in Criminal, Civil, & Family Law
Highly Personalized Representation
Free or Low-Cost Consultations
Google's Highest Rated Law Firm East of The Cascades
When you choose our team of experienced lawyers, we will take the time to listen to your needs and remain focused on that as we proceed with your case. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to provide the quality defense you need.