At Baxter Harder, LLC, our founder is devoted to seeing that his clients receive the high standards of professional representation that they need after an arrest or accusation. His experience in criminal litigation includes being a former Deschutes County Deputy District Attorney and prior Treasurer and President of the Deschutes County District Attorney’s Association.
His extensive experience in the courtroom has greatly benefited those facing a variety of charges ranging from DUIIs to murder.
Education & Background
Being born and raised in Oregon, Casey has a unique view into the specific issues that affect our local residents. After high school in Bend, OR, Casey enlisted in the United States Marine Corp as a Helicopter Crew Chief. It was here that he learned the dedication necessary to handle a wide variety of matters, even when things may seem hopeless.
Casey’s higher education includes graduating from:
- The University of Houston, graduated summa cum laude with a BBA in Business Management
- President of the Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
- The University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Member of the Law School's Moot Court team
- Served for the Criminal Representation Clinic, representing low income clients
Casey also had his financial advising and real estate licenses, and has experience working with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.
Experience as a Deputy District Attorney
Casey’s experience as a Deputy District Attorney has allowed him to try many misdemeanor and felony cases. He even has experience successfully co-chairing a major 2013 murder trial. In addition, his efforts paved the way for Deschutes County’s Veteran's Treatment Court and implementing a “Veteran's Intervention Strategy” in the County to assist and address issues of veteran’s returning from combat.
Honors & Awards:
- 10 Best, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
- Top 40 Under 40, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100, 2020
- Oregon Super Lawyers Rising Star Award 2019, 2020
- Lawyers of Distinction Award 2019, 2020
- Avvo – Superb Top Attorney in Criminal Defense
- Avvo – Clients' Choice 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, and 2020 in Criminal Defense
- Presiding Judge – Regional High School Mock Trial Competition
Associations & Memberships:
- J Bar J Youth Services, Vice Chair of the Executive Board, Board Member, 2018 - Present
- Central Oregon Veteran's Outreach (COVO), Board Member, 2017 - Present
- National Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2016 - Present
- Bend Attorney Group, Board Member, 2016 - 2017
- Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys, Member, 2015 - Present
- DUI Defense Lawyers Association, Member, 2015 - Present
- Deschutes County Bar Association, Member, 2012 - Present
- Deschutes County District Attorney Association, President, 2014 - 2015
- American Bar Association, Member, 2013 - 2015
- Deschutes County District Attorney's Association, Treasurer/Secretary, 2013 -2014
- Land Use Law Society, Member, 2009 - 2010
- Construction and Real Estate Law Society, Chairman, 2009 - 2010
- ABA Moot Court Team, Member, 2008 - 2009
- Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society, President, 2005 – 2006