Join us on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, when our very own Attorney Jacklyn Richins takes part in a Guardianship and Supported Decision Making webinar, hosted by Palladio Consulting, LLC. Speakers will discuss what it means to be a guardian for a loved one with a disability and other legal methods available for ensuring that individuals get the care they need while also providing them with opportunities to make their own life choices.
The webinar will cover various subjects designed to help participants make educated decisions when planning for their loved one’s future.
Some of the topics include:
- The process for filing for Guardianship
- The effects of Guardianship on the life of an individual with a disability
- The duties and powers of a Guardian
- The Guardian’s annual reporting requirements
- The differences between a Guardian and a Conservator
- The individual’s rights
- The factors to consider when selecting a successor guardian
- The differences between Guardianship, Power of Attorney, and Supported Decision Making
The webinar will take place on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, at 12:00 p.m. (Pacific Time).
If you have questions or need legal assistance with Guardianship or Conservatorship in Bend, OR, please contact Baxter Harder, LLC at (541) 238-9210.