Bend Robbery Lawyer
Navigating Robbery Cases in Oregon
At Baxter Harder, LLC, we understand the complexities and seriousness of robbery charges in Oregon. If you or a loved one are facing robbery allegations, you need a skilled and experienced legal team to defend your rights and protect your future. Our dedicated Bend robbery lawyers have a proven track record of successfully handling robbery cases and will give you the aggressive representation you deserve.
Contact Baxter Harder, LLC today at (541) 238-9210 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our robbery attorney in Bend!
What is Robbery?
Robbery is a severe criminal offense involving force, intimidation, or threat while committing theft. In Oregon, the crime of robbery is governed by statute ORS 164.395, which defines it as the act of unlawfully and forcefully taking another person's property with the intent to deprive them of it permanently. The use or threat of physical force distinguishes robbery from other theft-related crimes.
The forceful element in robbery can range from minimal physical contact to using weapons. Regardless of the degree of force involved, being charged with robbery is a grave matter that demands immediate legal attention. If you or someone you know is facing a robbery charge, our team at Baxter Harder, LLC, is here to offer strategic legal guidance and a strong defense.
What are the Penalties for Robbery in Oregon?
Robbery is classified as a felony in Oregon, and the penalties for a conviction are severe. The severity of the punishment depends on various factors, such as the degree of force used, the presence of a deadly weapon, and the value of the stolen property. Here are the potential penalties for robbery in Oregon:
- Robbery in the Second Degree: This is a Class B felony and is punishable by up to 10 years in prison, fines of up to $250,000, or both.
- Robbery in the First Degree: If the robbery involves using a deadly weapon or the perpetrator attempts to cause serious physical injury, it is considered first-degree robbery. This is a Class A felony and carries a sentence of up to 20 years in prison, fines of up to $375,000, or both.
It's essential to note that Oregon has mandatory minimum sentences for certain crimes, including robbery with a firearm. If convicted, the court must impose these mandatory minimum sentences, which makes a strong defense even more critical. Our experienced Bend robbery lawyers will meticulously examine the details of your case and work tirelessly to build a robust defense strategy tailored to your situation.
Defenses Against Robbery Charges
Facing a robbery charge can be overwhelming, but it's essential to remember that you have rights and legal options. A skilled defense attorney can explore various defenses to protect your interests. Some potential defenses against robbery charges may include the following:
- Mistaken Identity: If there is doubt about the accuracy of the identification of the alleged perpetrator, we can investigate and present evidence to support the claim of mistaken identity.
- Lack of Intent: Robbery charges require the prosecution to prove the intent to permanently deprive the victim of their property. We can challenge the prosecution's evidence and demonstrate a lack of intent in your case.
- Coercion or Duress: If you were forced into committing the robbery against your will due to threats or coercion, we can present evidence to support this defense.
- Insufficient Evidence: Our experienced lawyers will thoroughly examine the prosecution's evidence and challenge any weaknesses or inconsistencies in their case.
Contact Our Bend Robbery Attorney Today
When facing severe robbery charges, the importance of having a skilled Bend robbery lawyer on your side cannot be overstated. At Baxter Harder, LLC, we are committed to providing aggressive and effective legal representation to protect your rights and fight for the best possible outcome.
Contact Baxter Harder, LLC today to schedule a FREE consultation with our robbery lawyer in Bend!
Over 60+ Years of Combined Experience
Work With an Experienced Former Deputy District Attorney at the Firm
Extensive Trial Experience
We Can Handle Complex Cases in Criminal, Civil, & Family Law
Highly Personalized Representation
Free or Low-Cost Consultations
Google's Highest Rated Law Firm East of The Cascades
When you choose our team of experienced lawyers, we will take the time to listen to your needs and remain focused on that as we proceed with your case. We have the knowledge, skills, and resources to provide the quality defense you need.